Monday, March 15, 2010
As someone famous once said; a man's got to know his limitations. Well I just found another one of mine. I spent 10 1/2 hours on Saturday trying to rebuild a $250 U Joint and the pictures show what I ended up with for my efforts. Not much!!! I did manage to give myself a sore throat from cursing so much.
I started at 4.30 p.m. and didn't leave my shop 'til 3 a.m. With the time change it was 4 a.m.
I'm not usually one to worry about advertising my failings but I was tempted to keep this level of stupidity under wraps. My only excuse is that I drank a Cappuccino and had a sugary snack from Starbucks beforehand and caffeine to me is like speed to normal people.
Today I cleaned up the evidence so I can pretend it never happened.
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
The bike is now in it's AHRMA get up. Guzzi MK 1 fairing, MK 3 tank and Magni Sfida seat.
Remaining work: re-configure the exhaust, axle spacers, upholster the seat, bleed the brakes, new u-joint and fabricate rear-sets. Almost there!!