Tuesday, June 21, 2011

1040

Is the weight in lbs of a crated Moto Guzzi heading to Brussels.

After a very long weekend of late nights the bike is finally on its way. What was supposed to be a final last few things on Saturday turned into a 3 day stress fest.

Ralph was kind enough to let me bring all my stuff to his shop to prepare everything as we were going to pack and ship from there. Actually I think it was more a case of me telling him that I was coming over with all my stuff and not giving him much of a choice. What are friends for if not to impose on? In usual Ralph fashion he was more than accommodating and I wouldn't be doing this without him. Thank you Ralph.

The bikes shipped a day late as there was a bit of a scare yesterday when Ralph thought that he may not have had his application accepted. Luckily that was resolved in true Gallic fashion where everyone saved face and today was a much happier day. I have been useless all day from lack of sleep. Ralph filled out all the shipping paperwork while I tried hard to not let him catch me falling asleep in his office. Thank you again Ralph.

Highlights:

A quick tire change turned a 4 hour ordeal where we (literally) tried to blow up an Astralite wheel. Skinny race Avons, Astralites and starter fluid apparently don't play well together.

Eating large amounts of Ritz crackers.

Getting the bloody thing in a crate so we can actually start thinking about racing.


Race number.


Ralph and his GS.



Bastardlite. Dastardlylite. Cleaned up beads and resealed. I should be a painter. Oh I am.



This blog was almost called Big Hammer Racing which would've been more fitting. It's a beauty. There's a certain joy in large blunt instruments.



1 comment:

  1. Love that last pic!!! Give us some updates on Europe please!

    Ride well Ride Safely!

    cheers!

    ReplyDelete